Wednesday, January 23, 2008

Good Pedicure, Is it the technique or something else?

Why don't some ladies out there be the judge?
.
For those who frequent nail bars for pedicure services, just be my judge. What could really result in a bad pedicure? Is it the skills of the manicurist or is it the brand of the nail lacquer used?
..
The nail bar I regularly patronise uses O.P.I. nail lacquers and they are located in J.B. My pedicure usually last me at least min. 3-4 weeks, unlike the one I did at NailzStory, it only lasted me 5-6 days despite my usual living habits.
.
Unconvinced, I took time specially to 'experiment'. I wanted to know whether it's the nail technician's skill/nail lacquer/my lifestyle or simply just my toe-nail texture that fail my earlier pedicure experience.
..
Hence, I booked my pedicure appointment on 15 Jan 2008 at my usual nail bar in J.B. Thereafter, my living habits were as per normal, I go to work, did household chores etc etc. I started to take some pictures on the exact 1 week of my pedicure.
.
Now, let the following pictures tell us the findings of my experiment:
.
(Still looking very healthy & shiny, 1 week after the pedicure service)
..
Obviously 1 week later, the colours are still vibrant, smooth and no visible chippings or fading of nail lacquers observed. Click on the pictures to enlarge to see it more clearly.
...
Still dubious, I took some more pictures to make a comparison between the previous 10th and the present 10th day after the pedicure.
.

(Previous, done at NailzStory on the 10th day after the pedicure service)
.
(Present, done in JB on the 10th day after the pedicure service)
.
Obviously, anyone can note the difference between the 2 pedicures from 2 different nail bar.
.

.
Through the experiment, I'm very convinced that my living habits, environment and toe-nail texture is not the factor that will cause a failed pedicure. I'm very confident now that O.P.I nail lacquers do live up to their reputation for "always been committed to providing customers with the finest quality in products and services" I have developed absolute trust & pride in using this brand henceforth.
.
So, what else is left....obviously the skills of the nail technician. At this point, I don't think I need to prove anything and Yes, I'm boycotting this nail bar.
.
The reason? From the return response, I don't think the operator handled my feedback very well and did not seem to take feedback positively. I was even more disappointed that when I spoke to the person in charge of that shop (Joanne), I was asked at point blank "What do you want us to do about it (the ruined pedicure)." instead of being offered at the first instance if I can go back to the shop for them to take a look at the ruined pedicure. Probably that will be a more professional way in offering Customer Service, don't you think so?
.
Guess what my return response to (Joanne's) question was? "I'm not asking for a free service but I thought I should notify you since you're the person in charge of this nail bar." (She was dumbfounded but return with "OK")
..
Oh Well, treat it as a few cents worth of experiment and I do hope other ladies out there will not experience the same. Most importantly ladies, do stand & voice up if the service is bad. It's not about being petty but more of, you paid for the service. So expect service in return.

No comments: