Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Evening activity for the child

.
For a working mum like moi, her typical evening after work evolves picking up her child from pre-school, feed and shower him, get the housework sorted while also to make time to provide meaningful bonding activities with the family.
.
Of course, in this modern society, it's a given that mothers had to think out-of-the-box. On one hand, she juggles the housework, the other her family.
.
Woman folk are constantly searching for the balance. Even myself.....I admit not exactly a perfect mum but still trying hard nevertheless. Just like any parent would, to be able to spend quality time educating and guiding their children.
.
So what are the current methods I use to keep my child occupied (instead of hopping around the house) while I sneak away once in a while to get some easy chores done? On certain occasions, I give him some colouring pencils and paper, request that he draw his favourite item, animal, or shapes. On other days, I'll let him be seated in front of the computer to play some interesting games or interactive activities.
.
.
Sometime, I'll whip out activities that can relate to Letterland method to keep him briefly occupied. ;-)
.
So Mums, do share with me how you spent your evenings with your kids?
.

No comments: