Tuesday, March 25, 2008

KING of Fruits

(I quickly took my seat next to the durian!!)
.
You see,..................did you see what I've got here?
.
My 姑丈, (monster aunt's hubby) brought the family some durians all the way back from Segamat, Malaysia (famous for its durians) and my doting MA-MA asked Daddy to bring 1 of the durians home for me!
.
I'm grateful and appreciates 姑丈's effort to bring back durians for the family though and what best is we're given 1 of the better looking durians by MA-MA. hehehehehe.......
.
As Daddy is also a durian lover, he can't wait to open it up and savour it of course! Without further ado, Daddy started plying open the prickly, formidable thorn-covered husk that very night while I watched attentively, staying close trying to learn his skill (as though, I was just trying to make sure I lay my hands first on the durians after it's opened).
.
.
Without much effort since Daddy is quite a durian expert, he opened the durian and it's ripe yellow fruits greeted us.......in full glory!
.
(Wahhhhhh, My first Bite!!!!)
.
Yay.......I was excited! I quickly laid my swift hands on one of the fruit and voila, popped it into my mouth.
.
At first bite, I was looking forward to taste the highly flavoured, sweet & rich custard. In just seconds, Daddy & Mummy noticed that my expressions had changed. Awwww.......
.
My curious parents then finally realised why I looked a little disappointed. The fruit tasted a bit unriped although it is still sweet in flavour. After that one pop in my mouth, I gave up and walked away - disgruntled.
.

.
Later on through telephone, we understand that the durians MA-MA (祖母) & GONG-GONG (公公) ate were all very superb. Oh well, better luck with durians the next time I guess.
.
The verdict: Taste - So So......Alright only Lor.
.
However, many thanks to 姑丈's effort.
.

No comments: