Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Before May Day

.
Labour Day is around the corner and what does May Day means to a working mum? Just another public holiday break to unwind totally or spent time with her family + household chores?
.
.
Many a times I really wonder what lies ahead of my work path after spending more than 7 years with my current employment - I am feeling that "7-Year Inch" and tiredness. Perhaps when someone is too familiar with his environment and routine, it's natural to feel tired of it.
.
That feeling is just like that of a person who will find thrills in something new. Once that thrill vanishes, the same old familiar tiredness will return to haunt you until you find a brand new thrill once again. The cycle goes round and round in circles.
.
I've decided that instead of falling into the thrill/tiredness cycle, I'll rather let it be. Treat an employment as a means to be paid so to feed & indulge myself, while my most important focus is shifted to care for the family and find self-improvement along the course of family focus. I'll not let the ambition of climbing the corporate ladder blind my other more important personal objectives.
.
After all, being in the top positions does not necessary bring you that liberalisation and happiness. I'll rather have a great mental rest on that day.
.

No comments: