Friday, May 23, 2008

Good & Rich Cake Roll

I was recommended this durian swiss roll by chance since the colleagues gave it a thumbs up and they're doing an office buying poll.
.
.
Out of curiosity and the love for food (opppsssss, watch that waist!), I ordered a box of durian swiss roll to give it a try.
.
..
When the goods arrived, my first impression after looking at the packaging of the box is; very plain and simple, will the swiss roll really taste nice? Well, after tasting a piece, I'm convinced about this saying that "one should not judge by it's cover". The sponge cake is soft and it'll melt in your mouth while the spread (durian) is just nice - not too thin nor too thick. The durian tasted rich and pungent but it's exactly the way you'll expect from durians isn't it.
.
I understand that the bakery is located at 24 Kandahar Street. Their Telephone number is: 6294-3324.
.
Each footlong swiss roll costs $6.50/box (for the durian). The forever curious me have also found some other reviews in the web of this cake shop; in case there are other interested food-lovers like me looking for testaments:
.
.

No comments: