Sunday, May 18, 2008

Sunday

Yet another typical Sunday for us both, Mummy & son.
.
We did the usual. Ate our breakfast, watched half an hour of "Doraemon" on Channel 8 at 9.30am, then embarked on an activity - Colour Painting.
.
.
Ms Christine, Kiet's ex-Head Teacher used to tell me this: One of the ways to instill creativity in the child is to let him play with colours. Painting is one good activity for free-expression. The number ONE rule to note is try NOT to restrict the child in whatever he likes to do with his brush and colours, just let him doodle whatever he wishes and guide him along as he gets better.
.

.
With that advice in mind, I asked Kiet to doodle with colours for a start. As he gradually warmed up, I tried to do painting together with him. Hence, I suggest that I share his piece of paper. He'll doodle on one side while I do mine on the other. Yes, he's receptive and happy with my suggestion....hahaha....
.
(Master-piece by Mum & Son)
.
Later, I progressed to suggest that we draw shapes and colour on them. Yeah, Kiet is happy. He even named those shapes to me while I draw it with a marker. After that, both of us worked our paint on the shapes and of course I tried to encourage the son to paint most of the shapes! HEH HEH.....
.
(can anyone tell who painted the shapes?)
.
This "Kia-Su" mummy definitely didn't leave out the chance to revise his phonics. I took out a picture of the banana and asked him to ask lustre to it too!
.
.
About 30 mins later, he's showing signs of getting 'bored' with painting. He's reluctant to doodle or draw anything when I suggested it to him. Alright, that means time to stop then. At the end before packing up, I showed him how to 'write' his name.
.
After I'm done, I requested him to hold it to pose for a picture. He's delighted and yes, he posed with a big wide smile.
.
(See my two row of teeth)
.
During clean up, I asked if he was happy to paint today. Gosh, he gave a loud YES!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow the paint session sure looked like it was packed with loads of FUN!!! :)

House_of_Ang said...

Yeah Pauline. It was really fun and I get to observe Kiet's characteristics like his preference in colours.

I'm trying to guide him to be more creative and patient hence painting/drawing is one of the good way.