Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Setting goals

Sipping my cup of coffee away after putting dear son to sleep.
.
The night breeze gets more chilly these days as year end sets in, a hot and now turning cold coffee is absolutely necessary to keep me warm and awake while browsing the net.
.

.
The thought about setting goals come into my mind. Just last year also around the December month, I was trying to set new goals for the new year 2008 with Daddy over our retreat. Somehow, I do realise that most of the goals were not fulfilled and I'm still dangling feeling nothing much achieved - probably we did stike it right in some other areas I hope.
.
So, just what would I like to expect of myself? I'm really keen to find it out as I don't want to have the idea of where the year went and blink, you missed it all over feeling again year after year.
.
Having settled down for so many years, one do gets weary but it's not a good excuse to run away from the commitment and obligations of course. So, instead of running and hiding when the feeling of weariness and tiredness sets in, why not convert it to turbo-powered goal? haha.....sounds so funny....but I think it's all in one's mind. It's YOUR CHOICE how you want the story to start and ends.
.
So don't keep telling your mind that you cannot achieve your goals. Start to tell yourself that when you don't do anything at all, it is as good as not achieving your goals.....to start with.
.
Now get your buttocks working!
.

No comments: