Monday, January 14, 2008

Pedicure Disappointment

I had my pedicure done on 4 Jan 08 afternoon with my girlfriends at Nailzstory, at their branch located at Far East Plaza Unit05-83.
.
It was planned for a few of us to enjoy a Hen's Gathering, before our dear ole' friend May marries the next day. The bride herself also got her manicure & pedicure did specially for her BIG day.
.
(Ruined pedicure)
.
To my greatest disappointment, one of my toe colours actually came off on the 9 Jan 08; this is the 6th day since the pedicure service was done. This has never occur to me in my past pedicure experiences and I'm talking about using O.P.I nail lacquer here.
.
Yes, I'll never use any other nail lacquer brands except the ones from O.P.I. I trusted that label since my past experiences lasted me for slightly more than 3 weeks. At times, even almost a month.
.
I've spoken to the person-in-charge of that nail saloon & followed up with a written email to inform them about my disappointment. I told them I was shocked that by the 10th day, almost 4 out of my 10 toes are ruined. The picture is taken on the 10th day in fact and I regretted that I did not immediately take a picture of my ruined toe on 9 Jan 08.
.
I've not been wearing covered shoes or been doing any outdoor activities since my pedicure service. There could be several possibilities:
1) The selected OPI colour is of inferior quality (unlikely since it's from authorised supplier)
2) The manicurist is not properly trained (in view of this young person working on part-time basis)
3) The pedicure service is not done properly & in a rush (I mentioned recalling that I did not receive a top coat after my nail color. Only the cuticle oil after the drying)
..
I'm not asking for compensation of any sorts since I don't like to be labelled as a "Cheapskate Singaporean" but I'll be interested to see how they respond to this.
.

2 comments:

Idy said...

Have they given you a reply? The colours on my toes can last me for a month, thus, I am really interested to hear what they have to say.

House_of_Ang said...

Yes Idy, I agree with you that OPI nail lacquers indeed last at least 3 weeks and max. 1 month for me since I started pedicure last year and has never disappoint me in this manner.

I really wonder what could be the cause, if the skills and nail lacquers' not the culprit. See their response though