Thursday, February 07, 2008

Year of the RA-TA-TOUILLE (Day 1)

恭喜恭喜 GONG XI GONG XI!!!!! 新年快乐!!
.

.
When I woke up, Mummy told me today is the start of the lunar year of the RA-TA-TOUILLE, I mean RAT. I searched all over the place at home but I just can't find any RAT except Mickey Mouse! I just cannot understand why my favourite MiSka MoUSka MiCKeY MoUsE is pasted on the wall instead of this RAT the adults keep mumbling about. Oh well.......maybe I'll appreciate it next time.
.
(My Favourite Mouse)
.
Not long after, I was made to change up and prepare to be charged for the day! The family is dressing up in blue theme to signify UNITY though!
.
First stop, non other than GONG-GONG and MA-MA house lor. Mummy told me that the first day of Chinese New Year is a time when families visit the oldest and most senior members of their extended family you see.
.

.
Oh, as I was already taught in my preschool since last week somewhat the meaning of Chinese New Year, the oranges, ANG POWs (red packet) and Songs, I had no problem doing the "恭喜恭喜" when I was asked to do so! Hee hee........so after collecting my 紅包 from GONG-GONG and MA-MA, I helped myself to some biscuits and my Fillet-O-Fish breakfast!
.
.
.
Next destination, my maternal CHOR-CHOR's humble abode!
.
I guess Daddy & Mummy always look forward to visiting CHOR-CHOR during Lunar New Year. That's because they get to enjoy the traditional charcoal steamboat lunch that is homecooked and importantly, YUMMY!!
.
After the customary "恭喜恭喜, 红包拿来 (just joking)" greetings to my Grand-Uncles and Aunties, everyone started to feast!!
.

.
Can you imagine some of my Uncles refuse to leave the dining table? So Mummy had no choice but to serve me my lunch separately......
.
.
While they are busy with the food and not looking, I started MESSING UP THE HOUSE.....heh heh. I was so busy fooling around that Mummy had to use her usual stern trick on me. She says I have to try to finish up my lunch soon because I'll be heading home for my nap and thereafter "charge" to another house with a lot more mickey mouse decorations............................OK OK, for Mickey's sake.
.
Meanwhile, 恭喜恭喜恭喜你啊!

No comments: